How to Wiki the Nika Way - The usual setup of my workspace

I have decided to make a blog post about how to wiki. Yoshi asked why, and I said "Ehh I didn't want to spam anyone's chat screen doing so." :P

Setting that aside, let's give a warm welcome to Michel-nii, the newest member of the Wiki Team! Yay!

Now here, I will show what my desktop looks like while I'm editing the wiki.


Well, it's like that because I'm using Windows 10. It would probably look less crammed on a bigger size monitor though. AHAHAHA but anyway, this is my usual setup. I just opened a random edit page so I could show you a bit of how the editing page looks. Don't worry, there will be a short HTML tutorial later on. Some HTML codes also apply on the wiki. That's why we'll tackle it in a bit.

Also, I do flip through forum changelogs to see what's new, so be sure to be updated on the latest changelogs. You can also copy-paste the changelog on Notepad in case you'll be going somewhere without Internet and the content isn't done yet.

Speaking of Notepad, you can see that I use two versions of Notepad: the original Notepad on the bottom left and Notepad++ on the bottom right. The bottom left one, I use for changelogs and other stuff. The bottom right, I use to write out the content. You can use the original Notepad for both changelogs and the content. I just prefer to keep them on separate notepad programs.

Of course, my drive is open. It's actually where I store my wiki screenshots... and my latest in-game screenshots which I may need later on when I create more guides. I need it with me EVERY SINGLE DAY because it's like my lucky charm. It has my entire life contained in it.

So there's the setup. Don't make your setup hectic. PLEASE. Work in an environment that suits you best. Always have water with you. Don't be afraid to bug Yoshi for a new update. :P

Cheers!
~Nika

Comments

Popular Posts